Education and ResearchThis section provides information about the OneAbility Education and Research constellation group
OneAbility is a collaborative of community partners that aims to provide leadership to enhance the adapted sport and physical activity landscape. Employing a collective impact model, OneAbility has the potential to strengthen and improve programs, build capacity and raise awareness. The collaborative provides new opportunities by developing innovative technologies that contribute to the body of research in adapted sport, enhance the performance in the field of play and deliver assistive technologies including adapted equipment to individuals. With the agreement to collaborate, OneAbility mitigates competition within the region, builds on our individual and collective strengths, and pursues options that complement and extend the assets of the “whole”. The collaborative is greater than the sum of its parts. OneAbility consists of four constellation groups, composed of members from multiple community partners. The constellation groups receive oversight support and direction from the stewardship group of key partners.
Education and Research Group
The goals of the OneAbility Education and Research constellation group are:
- Create database of individuals with adapted expertise for internal reference.
- Facilitate and support presentations, workshops, seminars, etc to educate around disability and on specific topics pertaining to disability.
- Identify opportunities in existing education programs that raise awareness for future practitioners in medicine/health, recreation, education and sport. Identify education programs and courses in the local post-secondary institutions in which to embed content and presentations
- Share information and collaborate with other constellation groups and OneAbility members to increase education opportunities around inclusion
- Recommend links and resources for additional learning opportunities to be incorporated in our website.
Education and Research Group Chair: Gord Inglis (InglisG@camosun.bc.ca).