Education and Knowledge MobilizationThis section provides information about the OneAbility Education and Knowledge Mobilization constellation group
OneAbility is a collaborative of community partners that aims to provide leadership to enhance the adapted sport and physical activity landscape. Employing a collective impact model, OneAbility has the potential to strengthen and improve programs, build capacity and raise awareness. The collaborative provides new opportunities by developing innovative technologies that contribute to the body of research in adapted sport, enhance the performance in the field of play and deliver assistive technologies including adapted equipment to individual athletes. With the agreement to collaborate, OneAbility mitigates competition within the region, builds on our individual and collective strengths, and pursues options that complement and extend the assets of the “whole”. The collaborative is greater than the sum of its parts. OneAbility consists of six constellation groups, composed of members from multiple community partners. The constellation groups receive oversight support and direction from the stewardship group of key partners.
Education and Knowledge Mobilization Group
The goals of the OneAbility Education and Knowledge Mobilization constellation group are:
- Create database of individuals with adapted expertise for internal reference.
- Facilitate and support presentations to educate around disability and on specific topics pertaining to disability.
- Position the Education and Knowledge Mobilization group as a hub for education around classification and disability types.
- Identify conference opportunities and advocate for disability content to present.
- Create and present content to grow awareness for future practitioners in medicine/health, recreation, education, and sport. Identify education programs in various post-secondary institutions to embed content and presentations into.
- Identify potential avenues for future education programming, and develop, deliver and share content.
- Liaise with the other constellation groups
- Recommend links and resources for additional learning opportunities to be incorporated in our website.